jueves, 15 de septiembre de 2011

Illegible, A Poem by Karina Luz Belle Bocanegra






Photo





You watch a mirror melt in the wall
The reflection has become
The printing of the face
Is that an eye? The miraculous mirror of a soul?
That is a nose
I can see a neck
Lips
Two arms
What else?
What other spectacular human protuberance?
Maybe I should become an artist
Dance with the stars
Comb a monkey
Criticize the weather, or an ugly dress Audrey Hepburn used to pick
But, wait, she is dead.
So what now, just embrace hours
Make dinner with a spoon
I love cooking in the morning
It is better than worrying about immortal skills.
Maybe tonight I will look into the mirror
Think of a mysterious wall
And hope to become a soul
Finally I would get rid of the meat
That juicy, bloody meat that surrounds my iris
Or shall I say, MIRRORS.

The printing of my soul would be illegible
Well I have come this far
Why can’t I pretend to be smart?
I love ancient trips
Reading ancient poems
Getting up without moving
At all.
Why can’t I serve my body in a hot can for everyone to burn it over a wooden table?
Why can’t I rip my brains off and offer them as a desert to the needy?
I have no doubts regarding the dark side of the moon
I’m sick and tired of dressing up in the morning when it is still dark
I’d rather live in a tree far from civilization
I love cherrys
I do not seek my destiny
I do not want to find happiness
I do not intend to find love
I will die someday, but I prefer thinking I will remain alive in someone’s desk

The day is coming to its end
I think of the horizon standing still
Over the enchanted water
Humans call “sea”.
Mermaids emerge
Lighthouses
Tails
Combs
My dreams
Again.

K. LuzBelle





Enlace de Interés: Un Intercambio, mi autobiografía en necesarias palabras.

No hay comentarios: